Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
- By ordering a painting from paint for me you agree that one of the paintfor.me artists begins work creating an original painting for you based on a photograph or photographs you have provided to us.
- Ordering a painting does not guarantee that the paint for me artists can complete your request. This can be due to busy schedules, unsuitable photographs, or at the paint for me artist’s discretion. Only when we have confirmed that the images sent are suitable and there are no other issues will work on the painting begin.
- The inclusion of people or animals in photos, for inclusion in the painting itself, is beyond what paint for me currently does; in contrast, the artist may be able to remove people or animals from photos, at the customer’s request.
- The artist may be able to remove or alter the content of photos, at the customer’s request, so that the content is not present / is changed in the final painting.
- All completion times and dates provided are approximate. Please bear in mind that very short notice from order to ideal completion date of a painting may result in a later completion date and thus delivery date.
- All paintings are completed using oil on stretched canvases in the sizes given on the order page after you chose an artist, unless otherwise requested and agreed to by us.
- A deposit is generally not required; however, it may be requested at the paintfor.me artist’s discretion prior to beginning work on a commission. The remainder of the payment is the total price minus the deposit, plus the minor shipping fee, and must be paid in full, upon confirmation that you are happy with the completed painting.
- 10% discount option. When you choose this option you will receive 10% discount from the listed painting price. You receive this discount only when you pay 50% of the total discounted price at the time of ordering. The remaining 50% of this discounted price, plus the minor shipping fee, is due upon completion of the painting.
- You must confirm that you are satisfied with the finished product before the painting is shipped to you (or the recipient). A delay in confirmation is likely to cause a delay in shipping the painting to you. This confirmation is based on a photograph of the completed painting being e-mailed to you and your reply indicating that you will pay for it and want it delivered as is, with no changes.
- If you are not satisfied we will either endeavour to alter the painting until your expectations are met, or cancel the agreement to complete a painting for you.
- Paintings are shipped only when:
- Confirmation of satisfaction with the final painting has been received by us in response to our photograph of the final painting
- A full payment is both received and cleared into our bank account. This can take on average 3 to 5 working days.
- If you wish to return your painting and want a refund, you must alert us that you want a refund within 2 weeks after receiving your painting. We only ask that you bear the costs of packing and the return shipping costs back to us. Once the painting has been received in the good, original condition it was sent in, we will issue a refund in full to your bank account.
- We retain copyright on paintings returned to us, and on any photos of those paintings.
- We accept payments through Paypal; as such you agree to Paypal’s terms and conditions by using their service.
- Paint for me is not resp0nsible for any import duty. The value of the painting, when shipped, will be put at one quarter of the painting’s price, on the reasonable grounds that the painting will mean a good deal more to the recipient than to the market.
- We may use images of your house portrait or in-progress paintings as part of publicity and marketing for paint for me either online or in print. Some identifying features such as house names, numbers or street names may be digitally removed from the image before being used for this purpose. Should you wish your house portrait or associated images to be removed, or parts further obscured please e-mail us informing us and the images will be taken down or altered.
- With your permission we may use original photos on which the final paintings are based.
- At checkout we add a small contribution towards packing and shipping costs; this is a flat rate applied worldwide.
- Due to the nature of the service and product we offer, when communicating with you, our customer, about your order either by e-mail, telephone or both and the subsequent shipping of one or more of our paintings to you, the information we collect may include your e-mail, address and phone number. If you are ordering a gift to be delivered to someone else, then we may collect that person’s e-mail, address and phone number. Please note that all of this information is used for the creation of and subsequent delivery of products to you or others. Your personal information will never be passed onto third parties by us except when necessary to complete / deliver your order. We may from time to time send you news or updates about our website, services or special offers. If you do not wish to receive these communications you can easily and immediately unsubscribe or opt out.
- We do not collect credit or debit card information; all transactions are handled through PayPal.
- We offer gift tokens. Our gift tokens function as a voucher for the amount stated on the token which is equal to the value of one painting of a specified size. Gift tokens can only be redeemed upon provision of the unique code on each gift token and are only valid for a painting size which corresponds to the price of the voucher. Once the gift token is used, it is thereafter considered void. Gift tokens may not be exchanged for cash and are valid only for receipt of a house-portrait painting. Gift tokens must be redeemed within one year of receipt.
- All aspects of this website are the copyright of the paintfor.me (sometimes referred to as Paint for Me or paintforme) website.
- Customers are responsible and liable for the images they upload or e-mail or post to paintfor.me. The person taking a photo is in general considered the copyright owner of that image and therefore can also create derivative works, such as a painting of that photograph. Paintfor.me bears no liability at all for any breach of copyrights and the person ordering a painting bears the sole liability for the creation of derivative works or importation of copyrighted products into the destination country.
- You have copyright of images of the final painting, once the full transaction has been successfully completed.
- Paintfor.me reserves the right to refuse to create a painting at the artist’s discretion. We also reserve the right to refuse to paint a particular image due to customer-provided photographs or imagery which we deem inappropriate, harmful or offensive.
- Paintfor.me may update our terms and conditions at any time. Newer versions will replace previous versions and will be published on our website. Customers and repeat customers are advised to regularly check our terms and conditions due to possible alterations.
- When ordering the contract formed by Paintfor.me’s acceptance of your (the customer) order is governed by Irish laws and you agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Irish courts.